Data controllerPipster Solutions as an organisation is a data controller and specifically, Ms Pippa Birch a company director, is Pipster Solutions Ltd.’s nominated Data Controller. Ms Birch can be contacted by email at email@example.com or telephone number +44 (0)7787 501652
On what basis do we collect and process your data? (known as lawful processing)We collect information about you our clients or prospective clients in order to process your order, manage your account and to email you about other similar services. Personal information is transferred within the EU and USA as part of hosted cloud services (OneDrive, Office 365, Drop Box). The lawful basis on which we process your data is in the legitimate interests of Pipster Solutions Ltd.
In identifying this ‘Legitimate Interest’ as the lawful basis, we have conducted a ‘Legitimate Interest Assessment’ in order to be satisfied that the interests of Pipster Solutions Ltd do not override your own legitimate rights and freedoms.
Legitimate InterestsThe processing of client data is undertaken in order to engage commercially and offer the most appropriate level of service. In addition, we maintain an oversight of our clients to continue our support. Pipster Solutions and the client benefit from this processing activity as it provides opportunities to establish and sustain commercial relationships and to provide the most focused advice for the benefit of the client. If processing this data were not permitted, then the company could not operate and provide services.
The data collected will not be used for any unlawful or unethical purpose.
Pipster Solutions Ltd does not process sensitive data.
Categories of Data
Pipster Solutions processes non-sensitive data. For our staff we process:
We process the following data of our clients:
|Clients staff names|
|Clients staff contact detail|
Data recipientsAny personal data we collect, hold and process is retained within our own company computers based in the UK. We utilise Microsoft 365 and OneDrive and Drop Box cloud services. Microsoft reside the data in UK data centre’s and Drop Box reside the data in the USA. Drop Box comply with the Privacy Shield Framework. We also use the services of accountants ‘Ship Shape’, based in the UK. Personally identifiable data may be used in the preparation of statutory accounts.
Access to personal data is restricted to those who have a legitimate reason to retrieve it, e.g. company directors, managers and nominated individuals.
Data transfersPersonal Data is transferred to the EU and USA by some of our data processors through their cloud service provision. This complies with the GDPR international transfers requirements.
The data we collect directly from you is the minimum we require to facilitate the lawful processing described above. Personally Identifiable Data placed on our system will be deleted at 7 years in order to comply with legal and financial requirements.
Your rights as a data subjectThe regulations provide a number of rights to you as the Data Subject. Pipster Solutions Ltd is committed to upholding those rights and those applicable to the personal information we collect and process are listed below. In addition to these rights, you have the right to escalate any concern to the Supervisory Authority, which in the UK is the Information Commissioners Office https://ico.org.uk. A full and detailed explanation of all rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
- Right of Access – you have the right to know what personal information is held, by whom and why. You can send a Subject Access Request to see what personal information and any supplementary information relating to you is held by us. We will provide you with the information we hold within one month of your request, unless the provision of that information is particularly complex. In which case, we may extend the deadline by a further two months. This information will be provided free of charge unless you require multiple copies of the same information, in these circumstances, we retain the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee.
- The Right to Rectification – If the information we have collected and processed is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have it rectified. We will respond to your request for rectification within one month, unless the request is complex or multiple.
- Right to Erasure – You have the right to have your personal data erased and to prevent processing in some specific situations, these include:
- Where personal data is no longer necessary regarding the purpose for which it was originally collected
- When you withdraw consent
- When you oppose the processing and there is no superseding legitimate interest for continuing the processing
- If the personal data was unlawfully processed (i.e. otherwise in breach of the GDPR)
- If the personal data must be removed in order to comply with a legal obligation
- If the personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information/ society services to a child.
- Right to Restrict Processing - If you contest the accuracy of the personal data we hold, we will restrict the processing of your data until accuracy is verified. The restriction of processing can occur for other reasons too, such as if you require us to retain your data in the advent of a legal claim.
- Right to Data Portability – You have the right to move, duplicate or transfer your data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory body, The Information Commissioners Office www.ico.org.uk
Automated decision makingPipster Solutions Ltd does not conduct any profiling or automated decision making.
How to contact usYou can write to us at this address:
Pipster Solutions Ltd
6 Home Farm Close, Steeple Ashton, Wiltshire BA14 6AH
You can telephone us on these numbers:
You can email us by using this link: